At 299 euro, more disk space, less power consumption and less voluminous housing, the PS3 Consoles has finally become much more attractive.
For recent times, the PS3 Consoles here Vor-/Nachteile quickly summarized:
- Less power consumption
- Bigger hard drive (120 GB)
- Takes up less space
- The possibility of Linux, among other things Install operating systems has been removed
- No backwards compatibility with PS1 and PS2 games will not come again, according to Sony
- You can not (without accessories) stand vertically
And in comparison to the Xbox 360, I see the following advantages / disadvantages:
- Can play Blu-Ray Movies
- Six axis controller detects inclination (unfortunately, not often used meaningfully)
- Has always been quieter and less power consumption
- Online play is free (PSN), with the Xbox costs 60 euro a year
- On Xbox Live is simply more going on and there are more addons, demos, Live Arcade offers games, HD movies, etc. - should you expect when one pays for. Overall, I like Xbox Live and everything has something to do with it much better and is better integrated into the console.
- No downloads available in the background, or even playing
- Controller can not be so pleasant in particular (L / R trigger buttons), such as the Xbox360 controller but (as you argue)
- Game selection is not quite so large, the most important thing is available.
So who'll buy a PS3 Consoles because they have heard that it was the technically superior device, and eventually the game graphically looks forward to the PS3 Consoles pulling ahead of the Xbox 360, will wait in vain. Only the exclusive titles can be graphically points if they fully exploit the Blu-Ray media - but then that usually means: rendered cut-scenes and basically has to do with the power of the console, nothing. So if one wants to see multi-platform titles graphical differences, one has to pea or pixel counters. I'm curious what time flame wars are over a few pixels or a few lines more or less as soon result in the dissolution of Rage is out. Basically, that's damn. Both consoles are identical in performance and on details.
Because Xbox Live, I do not say that the PS3 Consoles "is still more expensive" than the Xbox 360 would be If we on it two years Xbox Live, the PS3 Consoles is clearly less expensive no matter how it twists and turns. However, I think the PSN service is not particularly attractive, the same goes for home. Those who only occasionally plays online, and rarely what is Down loads with PSN but well-served and can be satisfied. I've just always felt that the people who find better PSN simply do because it is in vain and have not even made the comparison in everyday use. If I was primarily about the feeling you get online then go to Xbox Live and will not over 60 euro a year regarded as acceptable. For the "Friends" which is then, the Avatar, the more often in games, and now experiencing the 1 vs. 100 game show, the live party where you can gossip with multiple users - no matter what the individual does - or together in a enter new game, and generally the supply of content to download is overwhelming. However, I also try a download junkie and need everything, not everyone has this gene.
Overall we can say that PS3 Consoles is the console for the Blu-ray movie fan, the Xbox 360 is the console for the lot-line players and try out. Each delivers a great gaming experience with just tionally low differences here and there - the least likely to really stand out. It depends ultimately on how much value on it is placed on (certain) Exclusive Hotel whether a Blu-Ray or Xbox Live is more important, and not least, the games offer.